Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's been too long!  And yet, alas, I have no new material to share.  Well, I suppose technically that's true, that I have no "new" material to share, but I was cleaning out some drawers today and happened upon this little gem that I'd hastily jotted down some months ago and then immediately banished from my mind.  It's cute, in a dark sort of way, and it made me smile, though more urgently it made me question the mood I was in when I wrote it.  What had just happened?  What (on earth) was I thinking?  I cleaned it up a bit - behold, the PG-13 version!

--

If kissing leads to banging,
and drinking leads to drugs,
and most guys lie and cheat you,
and the rest are all thugs,

If daddy's little girl grows up
to turn tricks on the street,
and all the mamma's boys end up,
by life, just getting beat,

If puppies everywhere are put
to sleep or run away,
Then why would anybody bring
a kid into this fray?

--

Right?  What was I thinking! . . . Mighty catchy little sucker though, ain't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment